Sunday, September 7, 2008

Goodbye Summer

Saturday JC and I purchased a little grill so that we could go tailgating this year before the Ute football games. Saturday morning we got it all set up and prepped for our big tailgating debut! We went up to the U early so we could get a good spot. We were able to find a shady spot that worked perfect! JC grills a killer steak! We had such a good time w/ JC's family and hope to make it a tradition with whomever wants to join us! The Utes won their home opener and they had fireworks after the game. I'd have to say they were better than any of the fireworks we saw during the Fourth of July. I think that last night was probably the last night that felt like summer to me. Today I was thinking how sad I was that summer was over which is funny because Fall is my favorite time of year. I just can't believe how fast time is going by.

On a different note, my cute little Dante Wante cracks me right up! For anyone that knows him it's no secret that he loves chapstick. Today JC and I were taking a nap and we wake up to a clicking noise coming from the living room. I get up and apparently he found a tube of chapstick because Dante was out there squeezing the chapstick out with his teeth!! The tube was destroyed and apparently there was still some left in the cap because he was hording it in his mouth and would not let me have it. I had to bribe him with a "cookie" to get him to drop it! I guess he'll be good and lubed!! Tee hee! This may sound lame, but I really feel that he is prepping me for children! I'll be good and ready by the time they come, well probably not, but I like to think so!

2 comments:

Laura Alvord said...

I think Dante is getting you slightly prepared. When Meg is doing something bad she makes no sound at all. That's when you know that you are in for a surprise and it never a good one either.

NAT said...

Oh, cute little Dante Wante. That's a funny story. And, NOTHING can prepare you for children. :) Sad, but true. Does Dante keep you up by howling all night? No? Well, enjoy that while you can...