Monday, December 14, 2009

Utah vs. BYU / Thanksgiving

I'm a little slow at updating the blog lately. Even though the Utes lost to BYU this year I still have to brag about our pranks with the neighbors. It first started in August w/ JC making a stencil of a U and fertilizing it onto our neighbors lawn so that over time it would green up and there would be a super green U in the lawn. Well it took 3 weeks, but it worked! I don't have a picture, but it looked awesome! We didn't think that the neighbors noticed until one day we came home from work to this....

If you can't tell it's a Y that has been mowed down to the dirt! We decided to call a truce until the week of the game. So the Wednesday before the game, which was also the day before Thanksgiving, JC made this awesome sign (which he so creatively made the stencils by hand) that we hung from the neighbors back fence. They so happen to back a very busy road which was a major plus!

And the front of their house...

The best part was as we were hanging the sign at 1AM people were already honking! We woke up to people honking and it continued all day long! By noon the neighbors next to our BYU friends came over to complain that they would like to enjoy their Thanksgiving in peace so we had to take it down. :-( Is was so worth it! Later that day we began to receive calls about our car that was for sale on KSL. (Um, we aren't selling our car so we knew that it had to be the work of the neighbors!) We thought it was them calling so JC began to say things to the callers like, "the car is stolen, it's hot and I need you to take it off my hands", things like that. The callers seemed to be confused. Come to find out it was real and the car was really for sale on KSL! These were real people calling about our car. Too funny! The neighbor soon marked it as "sold" on the website so that we would no longer receive phone calls. I guess next year we will need to step it up a notch! Even though the Utes lost we are glad that Max Hall has provided us with entertainment for the months ahead. We so willingly purchased these shirts..

And on that note, Stay classy Utah!

Here are some pics of the fam at Thanksgiving. This year we had Thanksgiving at Grandpa Bill's house. We then had JC's family over to our house for pie later that night. I'm thankful of all of them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! Great work on the sign JC. Can't wait until next year. :)

Susan Engar said...

I love knowing what you guys do to your neighbors every year!! Sounds like so much fun.......and love the shirt purchases!!!

NAT said...

That's hilarious about you and your rivalry with your neighbors. Very clever pranks!

I must admit, however, that Utah fans have been rude to me before, when I attended a Wyoming basketball game at UofU once. I think it was that same night when Eric and I saw you and JC there several years ago. Wyoming was totally losing and I was there with Eric. We weren't cheering loud (we were losing), but these jerks kept making rude comments to us throughout the entire game. Maybe it's just a Utah thing overall. That, or a Mountain West thing (Wyoming fans aren't always the nicest when playing at home, either), but I will admit that the fans here (even at Utah Jazz games) are butt holes. And that's putting it nicely. :) Can't we all just get along?

Anyway, I hope you're doing well and it looks like you had a nice Thanksgiving. Do you have any updates on you know what?

NAT said...

Hey, Em! I just wanted to check in with you to see how things are and how you're feeling?!