Monday, November 3, 2008

There's a New Mexico?!!


Halloween was a little different for us this year. Instead of dressing up and handing out candy to trick or treaters, we decided to go to New Mexico to see the Utes play. Imagine that!!:-) The drive really wasn't that bad at all. The Utes won by a squeaker, but we had a good time. Parker and Dante made the trip with us and I think by now we have learned our lesson that Dante can't come with us anymore. He does so good when we are traveling, but once we try to leave him in the hotel he freaks out. He does not stop barking. So with that in mind from the last time we tried to leave him, I decided to call the vet to see if there was something I could give him to settle him down. He gave me a sedative that was supposed to relax him and make him sleepy. Well he was plenty sleepy, but that didn't stop him from barking. He basically just layed there and barked. I could tell he was so tired, but he's a stubborn little turd! I felt so bad for basically drugging him. Not sure if that makes me a bad doggie Mommy, but it sounds pretty bad doesn't it!? I don't think I'll be doing that anymore! Other than that it was a fun weekend!

The Utes are 9-0 and hopefully are on their way to bust the BCS. I guess they will take it one game at a time. The TCU game is this Thursday here in Salt Lake. They are calling it the blackout because the players are wearing black uniforms and the fans are supposed to wear black as well. I think it will be cool, but at the same time I think it's bad timing. The weather is supposed to be cold and so I think the blackout will turn into whatever the color of your coat is! I guess it doesn't matter what the fans are wearing as long as the Utes play friggin' awesome!! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pic. of the two of you!!!

NAT said...

Glad that you made it back safely and that you had a great time!

Em, thanks, again, for meeting me for lunch the other day. I left the restaurant feeling kind of nostalgic, though. Things have changed a lot in the last 4 years for all of us and part of me wishes that it was the same between you, myself, and Melissa - you know, like it used to be. I know that life goes on, but sometimes it sucks how things and people change. Make sense?