Tuesday, February 17, 2009



For Valentine's Day JC and I went to the Little America Cafe to eat dinner. We went later so that we wouldn't have to wait. As we were walking in JC says to me, "is that who I think it is?" Sure enough President Monson and his cute wife were walking out of the restaurant towards us. I thought to myself, there is no way that I can let him walk by without saying something! So I say, "hi President Monson!" He shook our hands and said, "looks like you two are out on a Valentine's Date". He is such a cute old man and yes, I did say old!! I think they put a lot of makeup on him when he's on tv! All joking aside, it was an incredible experience. I had such a warm feeling when I saw him. I know that he truly is a Prophet of God. For a second there I thought, I wonder if he is reading my mind right now!! HAHAHA!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

How neat is that!! I wish I could have been there with you guys. I'm glad you said hi and didn't let the moment pass without talking to him. We miss you two or 3 actually. Carter would love if he could see Dante at any moment. Hope you guys are doing good. I have 6 weeks to go! Yea!! I am as big as a house. I hope Spencer doesn't mind me surpassing him in weight. Emily, I miss hanging out after our visits.

Susan Engar said...

He must eat there often. I was there a few years ago with Ryan and our grandparents and he was there eating dinner with his wife. We stopped and intoduced ourselves and shook his hand as well. He is such a nice man, never a dull moment for him. How exciting you got to see him!!

NAT said...

What an awesome experience! I could feel the Spirit just reading your post. I'm so glad that you were able to meet him. I remember when President Hinckley came to Wyoming and I was able to sit about 5 rows back from where he was speaking. As soon as he walked in the room, the feeling was indescribeable. You KNOW at that moment that he's a Prophet.

I know what you mean about him "reading your thoughts." I always felt that way with my Mission President. It was like he could see right through me. Scary! :)

Talk about a unforgettable V-Day!

Anonymous said...

This is a Tag comment...go to my blog and follow directions!! Fun stuff! :)...(don't hate me)