Monday, March 23, 2009

In-N-Out vs. 5 Guys




I don't post very much on the blog, so when I do you know it is important. While we were in Las Vegas we dined at a couple of burger shops that are coming to Utah. The first was In-N-Out. If you talk to any Californian they will tell you In-N-Out is the be all end all in burgers. However, they are not. We have had In-N-Out in San Francisco, Reno and now Las Vegas and they are all the same, not very good. They are building several of these in the Salt Lake Valley this year and they will be packed, but trust us they are not nearly as good as 5 Guys or Crown Burgers.

The second place we ate at was Fatburger. This place is actually pretty good, the only down side to Fatburger is that in Las Vegas it seems to be frequented by a rougher crowd. Most of the patrons of Fatburger had on Raiders gear, as opposed to all the Zoobs in BYU gear at the In-N-Out. Fatburger is definitely better than In-N-Out but certainly not as good as 5 Guys or Crown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so funny!! You know how I love hamburgers and fries!! Yumm. I loved Fat burger.

Susan Engar said...

You need to go to In-N-Out in Arizona.........I LOVE that place! Some of my friends took me to 5 Guys swearing it was the best...I would have to disagree. I am excited for In-n-Out to come to Utah. Maybe here it will be a better experience for you;)

NAT said...

I will agree with you about In-n-Out. Emily, remember when I was working at SSA and I went to visit that boy in San Diego? Well, In-n-Out was one of the places he took me too because it's apparently so great. Eh, it was okay, but nothing to write home about.